Portugal is one of the Schengen countries that people like to visit the most. Most people go to the Algarve because it has sandy beaches that are great for relaxing and towns like Albufeira and Faro that have all the tourist attractions. You should know Portuguese Schengen Visa Requirements .The Coa Valley and Peneda-Geres national park are two other places in Portugal that are worth your time and money.
Here you will find out how to apply for a Portugal visa, what documentation is required for a Portugal visa, and when to book a Schengen visa dummy ticket for a Portugal visa.
Portugal Schengen Visa
If you want to go to Portugal, you must be eligible and older than 18 years to obtain a visa.
Most visa applications are processed within 15 days, so you should send yours in at least 15 days before you plan your vacations. But if the government has to do more checks, it could take longer to get a decision, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. When you decide to spend your vacations, you must gather all the essential documents. You can fill out an application up to 6 months ahead of time, so don’t wait too long.
Applying For A Portugal Schengen Visa
The checklist for Portugal Schengen visa is mentioned below. For gathering documents and applying for a visa, you should make sure you have everything you need. Along with your visa application and supporting papers, you also need to submit your dummy documents.
Along with the submission of original documents, you are also advised to keep multiple copies of your documents, as they will be needed throughout the visa application procedure.
- Form filled out and signed in full/Online visa application form
- One or two, based on what the embassy or consulate asks for. Recent (less than six months old), colour passport-size photos with a white background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- Cover letter: Briefly explain the goal of the visit, how long it will last, and what will be done during it.
- Copy of the first and last pages of the passport, as well as a copy of the previous Schengen visa and, if available, a valid U.K. or U.S. visa.
- Employment letter and leave approval letter. Also, the name, location, and phone number of a host or hotel in Portugal. If you’re self-employed, tell us why you’re going and what you plan to do.
- Travel health insurance that works in all Schengen countries. Minimum coverage for all risks, such as an accident, illness, medical emergency transport, loss of luggage, etc. Has to be long enough to cover the whole trip.
- Dummy Hotel Booking
- Proof that you have enough money to cover all of your costs while in Portugal, such as pay stubs from the last three months if you are working or bank statements from the last six months. Indian Income Tax Returns from the past three years; PAN card
- Proof of sponsorship
- Passport: It should be good for at least three months after you plan to leave Portugal, and it should have at least two blank pages where the visa can be stuck.
- Copies of every page that has a visa on it
- Proof of an invitation from Portugal
- Proof of flight itinerary for visa application for round trip
Documents required for every country’s visa application differ from one another. The checklist mentioned above is for a Portugal visa. Therefore, the applicants planning to apply for a Portugal visa must check for all of these documents and keep them prepared beforehand to avoid any delay in the visa process.